In order to maintain the tranquil environment of Mindful Matters and to enable everyone to have a positive experience, we kindly request that students and clients of the center adhere to the following policies:
1. The front door leading to the studio will be unlocked as long as a staff member is in the center. If so, please make yourself comfortable in the waiting room to the right of the entrance or to silently sit in the studio. Most teachers will prop open the door about 15 minutes before class, and close it at the beginning of the session. If the door is closed, please enter quietly. In addition to classes, we have massage, acupuncture and other appointments between 8am and 9pm on a daily basis and want to maintain the serenity of our space.
2. If you arrive to class more than five minutes late, please discreetly enter the foyer and wait quietly until there is an appropriate time to enter the studio. For instance, if the class is focusing on the breath in a static pose, please wait until they begin to move around.
3. Upon arrival, please remove your shoes and place them out of the way…under the sign-in desk is a great space for this. You should also turn off/silence your cell phones. Personal belongings may be placed under the desk or on a shelf in the studio.
4. If you are new to the classes, please fill out the waiver form and sign-in sheet. Returning students, please sign-in.
5. We ask that you avoid bringing your children (12 and under) to the center while you are attending a class. Children are welcome to attend events such as concerts or other appropriate activities when available, but at this time we are unable to accomodate them during sessions.
6. Teenagers are welcome to participate in classes as long as they adhere to the studio policies and are not disruptive to the other students in the class.
7. Before beginning your practice, please inform your teacher of any injuries or conditions that he/she should be aware of. We want to help you build a safe practice!
8. Workshops are not included in the price of class passes, unless otherwise noted on the website’s description.
Thanks for your kokua! We hope to see you soon!